The Doan Family Circus

The Life and Times Of Lucas Doan and his family.

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Time Flies



It feels like it was just yesterday we were anticipating the arrival of Lucas and here it is time to go back to work! Ugh! I can't believe we are coming up on him being 7 weeks old and my return to the world of employment. I have to say that I feel torn about going back. I look forward to a glimmer of my old routine and do love my career, but am so sad that this special time with Lucas as a newborn is ending. I am fortunate enough to be able to work from home or take him with me on Mondays and Wednesdays for awhile and have family watching him the first 3 weeks of my return. So thankfully he doesn't have to start daycare until the end of March and I will only be away from him 3 days a week. I still have my fears of leaving him and all of those thoughts that go through a mother's head like: will he be okay, what if I miss something, what if he cries a lot when I am gone, no one can take care of him like I can, etc. It is a scary thing leaving your baby for the first time, especially your first.

Well, Lucas know that I have enjoyed every minute of our 7 weeks together at home getting to know each other and bond as a family without any other stressors. It was so great even when you were crying and I was sleep deprived. Now we continue on our next adventure of trying to juggle work and motherhood. I know we will be fine with Daddy being the HUGE help that he is and us being a good team. So here's to the next chapter with you little man. The first was a blast.

No comments:

Post a Comment